Muslims consider ayat al Kursi as one of the most powerful symbols of faith. It is a verse of Surah Al-Baqarah (Verse 255) and has immense historical significance. Thus, this surah relates to reassuring one’s faith in Allah Almighty. It also discusses the greatness of Allah. Upon recitation of Ayat al Kursi, a believer seeks the protection of his Lord from any evil.
Scholars recommend reciting this Ayah when you are alone. Likewise, when you face anxiety as it calms you down and brings you closer to Allah. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) believed it is the most important Ayah in the Quran.
Listen to Ayat al Kursi in Arabic:
Why is the Recitation of Ayat al Kursi important?
The literal meaning of Ayat al Kursi is “Throne Verse”. The term Kursi symbolizes how Allah is in the seat of power. It mentions how Allah is in a position of power. He is the One who sets rules and guidelines. He ensures a smooth-running throughout heaven and earth. Each part of this Ayah is an expression of Allah’s glory and greatness.
Important personalities like Hazrat Ali (R.A) [fourth caliph] also showed strong faith in Ayat al Kursi. The Ayah seems to have a divine feature that provides you with Allah’s protection from Satan, and regular recitation ensures that one faces no difficulty in his wealth or health.
Hazrat Ali once said,
“The chief of the Ayats of Holy Quran is Ayat al Kursi”.
Ayat al Kursi should be a part of your daily conduct and incorporating its recitation in your daily life routine will help you live a pious life in accordance to Allah’s guidelines.
Benefits of Reciting the verse of the Throne regularly
- When it comes to the most rewarding Ayats, it is encouraged that you recite Ayat al Kursi every morning, each time you leave your house, after each prayer and especially during travelling. This powerful Ayah will keep you under Allah’s protection and save you from all the evil temptations that Satan may have to offer you.
- Furthermore, by frequently reciting this Ayah, you open your heart to wisdom and knowledge as it reminds you to seek Allah’s forgiveness from his wrath.
- It is also believed that before going to sleep reciting this Ayah helps you fall a sound sleep with angels around you to protect you all night. Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) once said:
“The person who recites Ayat al Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to look after you and protect.”
- Moving to its contribution to your life, which is no less than a journey, it is essential to understand how this representation of faith prepares you for the next journey ahead. As you recite Ayat al Kursi, you make your death easy and peaceful. This is because it makes your demise from this world and transition to the other world smoother for you by Allah Almighty.
- The Ayah is undoubtedly regarded as a medium to feel closer to your creator.
Ayat al Kursi is one of the great blessings of Allah. Every Muslim should understand the meaning of this great Ayah, memorize and recite it. This can help us stay away from all worldly evils.
Let’s start recitation of Ayat al Kursi from today and enjoy its countless benefits!