Consequently, Arabic is the language of Islam. Indeed, Allah the Almighty has chosen the Arabic language among so many other languages. Thus, He SWT has brought down His Noble Book, the Qur’an, in the Arabic language.
The language of the noble Quran in Arabic
Since the beginning of the revelation, Arabic has become the only language of Islam because of the Noble Quran and became the official language for Islam’s religion. The sacred book, which includes Allah the Almighty’s words, is a guide and mercy for all humanity.
Thus, the Qur’an is vital to reform, heal, and obtain happiness in life here and in the hereafter. However, all this is only possible with a good understanding of this book. It is impossible to read, meditate, and put into practice its content without understanding. As such, understanding the Qur’an is an obligation for every Muslim and Muslim.
Is it possible to understand the Qur’an without mastering Arabic?
Is it necessary to learn Arabic to practice Islam properly? Although there are a couple of translations of the meaning of the Quran into English, it remains approximate to the extent that it is impossible to translate it accurately. That is why Arabic remains the only language to understand the words of Allah in a just way. Moreover, the Koran exegeses, representing the interpretation of the meaning of the great scholars’ verses, are almost in Arabic. Some things have translations into different languages, but again, roughly.
The language of the Prophetic Sunna is Arabic
The understanding and practice of the Qur’an is the key that allows access to another science: the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him). One can indeed find many prophetic narratives translated into another language. However, these translations are only literary and approximate. Even if these have been read to the non-Arabic reader to understand some sense, it is superfluous. Indeed, it is necessary to know Arabic to understand Sunnah profoundly.
Also, there are very few documents translated to English from the scholars of Islam that explain the Prophet’s Sunnah (peace be upon Him), as well as the words of the Companions (may Allah be pleased with the other) and the Great Imams (may Allaah have mercy on them), works. Similarly, the vast majority of books of ancient and contemporary scholars are in Arabic only.
In conclusion, the translations of the Noble Qur’an and other Islamic literature are indeed available. Nevertheless, these must be used temporarily, and in no case permanently. On the contrary, the non-Arabic speaking Muslim must avoid resting on his mother tongue, but instead must strive to learn Arabic to learn his religion directly from the source.
Top 10 Islamic Words that You Must Know About
Some so many people want to know about Islamic Words that are used mostly and commonly. Here we have come up with some suggestions. Thus, we have mentioned these words with their meanings. Just check them out below:
Common Islamic Words to Learn
- The most common term in Islam for god is called ‘Allah,’ the universe creator. Allah is believed to be merciful, kind, shielding his followers, dominant, giver, the one who knows everything, sees everything, hears everything. Everything is done on the wish of Allah. 99 other synonyms given to Allah in the Quran Sharif.
- Allahu Akbar is a term that commonly called that means “Allah is substantially great and is entitled to devotion. In Islam, Muslims start to pray by saying ‘Allahu akbar’. It is a statement of belief, and at times of great delight or in suffering.
- Assalamualaikum came from the Arabic term salaam that means “peace.” Also, Salaam comes from the same source from where the word Islam came. The term ‘Alaikum’ is the word ala, which has the meaning “on,” incorporated with a suffix that converts the meaning into “upon you.” it makes it a common address or greeting in the culture of Islam. The meaning of this word is “Peace is upon you.”
- The word ‘Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Rahim’ is a term that Muslims recite before doing any routine job or activity. Thus, the meaning of this word is, “In the name of Allah, the most generous, most forgiving.” This is the first expression of the Quran Sharif. An acknowledgment used by followers of Islam when starting a pledge, oath, or any word of honor. Also, the Islamic followers, have faith that by saying ‘Bismillah,’ everything they have started doing will end well. It is the first verse of the first chapter of the Quran Sharif.
- Mullah is a title for teachers or professors of Islamic training or the head of mosques. The word mullah is taken from the Arabic phrase “Mawla, means “master” or “the authority.” All around South Asia’s history, these leaders of Arabic origin have led the way to a cultural coup and religious conflict. Though, a mullah is generally a communal Islamic head, although, on occasions, they arise as popular prominence.
- The word fatwa in Islam is a conventional judgment or definition on the point of law in Islam. Mufti’s a person who delivers Fatwas. Thus, he is a qualified legal scholar. Muftis issue in reaction to inquiries raised by individuals or Islamic courts.
- Hajj: The precise meaning of this word is “heading to a region for the sake of visiting.” Under Islamic expressions, Hajjmeans a journey to be made to the ‘Kaaba.’ It’s called the house of Allah. Situated in the holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
- Imam: An imam is an Islam practitioner and religious leader. Imam is a person who leads the way of prayer in a mosque. In Islam, Imam is the main religious figure. It does not mean that he is free from any wrongdoing.
- The term jinn means never seen or unworldly beings. The’ jinns’ are answerable for their actions. The jinns also have the power, like humans, to select whether to go with the right or wrong.
- Kafir: this word relates to a person who denies to bow down to Allah. The Kafir means those who do not believe in the Quran’s faith. Sharif neither believes in Allah.
These are the popular and most common Islamic words that should be aware of. If you are interested in the Quran course or Islamic studies, you should choose the best platform to offer you these courses online. You can visit en.al-dirassa.com as this is a reputed and popular platform to offer you the best possible training. Consequently, you can have the best courses and tutors to teach you, so go for it and make most online courses.