Modern Standard Arabic or MSA is one of the six official languages of the United Nations along with Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. Being the official language of countries like Libya, Algeria, Morocco, Egypt, Sudan, The United Emirates, and Yemen, Modern Standard Arabic is frequently used in magazines, newspapers, online teaching sessions and television shows too. This is why learning Modern Standard Arabic is a must even if you are staying temporarily in these countries. It does not just help you connect easily with other people but also it is a very interesting language to learn.
There are many benefits of learning Modern Standard Arabic. Here we will talk about a few.
- If you are a scholar or even if you are someone who has the love for learning or getting to know things from the ancient past, learning Modern Standard Arabic would be of great advantage and benefit for you. Modern Standard Arabic is a language which has been derived from The Quran. So it is completely based on the Arabic which you will find in The Quran. Modern Standard Arabic is actually a brilliant combination of some Arabic words found in The Quran from the early 7th century and some words which we use now in our modern daily life. So learning Modern Standard Arabic would be of great advantage for both scholars of the old world and for the modern age people. This is especially very much needed if you want to start your own business in countries like Libya, Algeria, Morocco, and Sudan.
- Al Jazeera is one globally famous television channel broadcasting from its head office in Doha, Qatar. This channel covers everything starting the happening in the Gulf to the news about wars taking place in Afghanistan and Syria. It’s not like people from the Middle East are only inclined towards this channel, people all over the world are a huge fan of their content. Now, this channel only uses modern standard Arabic as their language and non-arabic speaking people find it hugely difficult to understand what’s happening. This is why learning Modern Standard Arabic would be of great advantage so as to understand the topics better.
- Countries from the Middle East are largely flourishing in each and every aspect. People often migrate to the countries in the Middle East for a better life. Especially students who want to travel to the Middle East for further studies often appear for the entrance exams but fail to crack the exam despite having excellent preparations. This is because knowing Modern Standard Arabic is a must especially for students who want to study in the countries from the Middle East. So here is another benefit that you can get from learning MSA. Learning Modern Standard Arabic would increase the chances of your cracking the entrance exams even higher and you would find it even easier to study there.
- You might think Arabic is a very tough language to learn, but here is a good news for you. Arabic is not as tough as it looks. It is actually a phonetic language. When you will start learning it, you will notice that it is written exactly the way you pronounce it. It is even easier than many other languages which consist of words that spell and pronounce differently. In fact, if you have just stepped in the Gulf and planning to learn Gulf Arabic, your first step would be learning Modern Standard Arabic. Once you are fluent in Arabic, you would find it way lot easier to learn Gulf Arabic. Nit just Gulf Arabic, you need to learn Modern Standard Arabic first, to learn Egyptian Arabic and Levantine Arabic too.
- If you have started your business in the Middle East and planning to take it to the next level, learning Modern Standard Arabic would be highly recommended. You need to learn this language for delivering speeches too. If you deliver your presentations in this language, your clients would surely be highly impressed by your performance for sure. It is a must to learn Arabic for Diplomats because if they do not have deep-rooted knowledge in Arabic, they will miss out on important conversations that might pose a serious threat to their careers.
- Last but not the least, it is a known fact that Modern Standard Arabic is the third most popular language in the world following English and French and if you are someone who is fluent in Arabic, you will be having an edge over competition even if you are living in an English country. The demand for Arabic speaking people is quite high especially in the field of intelligence and foreign services, consulting, education, journalism, banks, and finances and you might land up a brilliant job in a very demanding position.